payingitback

My Family Blog

Saturday, September 02, 2006


Wishing you a fulfilling holiday weekend!
Didn't the MTV Music Videos Awards "get a grip"?LOL

Teach Me to Pray


My Lord, I know not what I ought to ask of Thee.
Thou and Thou alone knowest my needs.
Thou lovest me more than I am able to love Thee.
O Father, grant unto me, Thy servant, all which I cannot ask.
For a cross I dare not ask, nor for consolation;
I dare only to stand in Thy presence.
My heart is open to Thee.
Thou seest my needs of which I myself am unaware.
Behold and lift me up!
In Thy presence I stand,
awed and silenced by Thy will and Thy judgments,
into which my mind cannot penetrate.
To Thee I offer myself as a sacrifice.
No other desire is mine but to fulfill Thy will.
Teach me how to pray.
Do Thyself pray within me.
Amen.


- St. Philaret of Moscow

1 Comments:

  • At 2:38 AM, Blogger Lloralleaves said…

    I was in Chicago for an audition at Northwestern last Saturday and I had an excruciating experience! I rushed off without the right coat, not wanting to clash, and forgot the credit card was in the pocket at home. I drove slowing in the pouring rain rehearsing the scene in my mind. I knew I needed gas, but was in no hurry to get out in the rain and pump. Just as I reached my destination I was completely on empty. It was then I realized that I forgot the card! I refused to sit in the rain and miss the audition, so I went inside after filling and explained the situation to the attendant. He kept asking why I filled up and repeating something to me, which I couldn't make out. He handed me the phone and let me bargain my way with the owner. After I hung up the phone, the attendant, who was obviously Indian, repeated, "Are you Russian?" Puzzled, I replied, "No, but my sister-in-law is a former Russian doctor, why?" With gravity he answered, "Because the owner is Russian, so I was hoping you were!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home